Support Forums

Full Version: Modern Warfare 2 Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
okay first of all every time my friends send me a party invite i click join it says some bullshit like host is not available and i cant play with my friends which pisses me off really bad!

Oh and i am a level 23 and i was wondering some if you can give me some tips on how not to die and whats the best class in your opinion?!Victoire
It's your router ;), you got to open the NAT port I believe.

I like the Steyr AUG HBAR the best. I got two game plays:

1) harcore run around risk everything etc - just get more kills then deaths
2) play it save dont risk/run around - but dont end up with less than 10 kills Tongue
Camping with the Barret 50 (thermal scope) and using a PP2200 as my secondary.
Bling the Barret with Thermal and FMJ, when you get bling pro use the red dot ant FMJ with the PP2200
For 2nd perk use stopping power. For third use Steady Aim. Scrambler is not a good idea, just tells people your near them.

Also it isn't a NAT port, its NAT settings.
NAT stands for something like Network Address Translation???, and is pretty much designed to prevent problems with sending and receiving data over shared networks. It should say your NAT type in the Xbox Live lobby.
Look below "Invite" on mw2

Nat Type: Strict = Your have nat type 3
Nat Type: Moderate = Your have nat type 2
Nat Type: Open = Your have nat type 1

I suggest you get nat type 1, use the pppoe setting on ur router , get the dsl user name and pass from ur router and do a custom network setup on ur ps3 or xbox.
Nat type open is the best for online gaming.

For more info on NAT go here: http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/N/NAT.html

For microsoft's Xbox live support page go here: http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nx...fault.aspx
You have to say which one you play (CPU or xBox 360?).

I play with a bunch of different classes. Sometimes I'll play with the M240 with a Javelin, or I'll play with my assault rifle with rangers (akimbo)

I usually use Marathon pro, the one where you get kill streak rewards quicker, and commando pro. A fun thing to do is run around with the riot shield and a throwing knife ;)

And even when I have NAT open I still have that issue. Infinity Ward fail.
Yes on my ps3 i do have NAT Type Open. Well at least it says that on the online screen but when i test my network it says i have type 2 and i am really confused and it still doesnt let me play with my friends! Well this morning it did and then in the afternoon it stopped let me use it! -_-
(12-30-2009, 03:22 AM)Extasey Wrote: [ -> ]Camping with the Barret 50 (thermal scope) and using a PP2200 as my secondary.
Bling the Barret with Thermal and FMJ, when you get bling pro use the red dot ant FMJ with the PP2200
For 2nd perk use stopping power. For third use Steady Aim. Scrambler is not a good idea, just tells people your near them.

Also it isn't a NAT port, its NAT settings.
NAT stands for something like Network Address Translation???, and is pretty much designed to prevent problems with sending and receiving data over shared networks. It should say your NAT type in the Xbox Live lobby.
Sorry if I said NAT port but it's just called NAT settings on your xBox silly. Nat stands for Network Address Translation.

Quote:In computer networking, network address translation (NAT) is the process of modifying network address information in datagram packet headers while in transit across a traffic routing device for the purpose of remapping a given address space into another.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_add...ranslation

Also camping doesn't always go well if you don't get many people in your area. The best camping place is at the Airport in the hallway. Just lay down behind a box with a machine gun and you got a clear spot on base A. If your enemy has base A they will always spawn there right infront of you Tongue.

(12-30-2009, 05:55 AM)Grizzly Wrote: [ -> ]You have to say which one you play (CPU or xBox 360?).

I play with a bunch of different classes. Sometimes I'll play with the M240 with a Javelin, or I'll play with my assault rifle with rangers (akimbo)

I usually use Marathon pro, the one where you get kill streak rewards quicker, and commando pro. A fun thing to do is run around with the riot shield and a throwing knife ;)

And even when I have NAT open I still have that issue. Infinity Ward fail.
I am not good enough of yet to play with rangers Sad. I am level 34 or something like that Tongue. Yea also throwing knife is so much fun Big Grin.
I so agree with you on throwing knifes at people especially at the head!
Watch this amazing luck: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKIOifaCT...PL&index=6

Just unbelievable Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3