Support Forums

Full Version: Need some help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I wasn't sure where to put this, but I guess I'll do it here.

I recently bought a HDMI cable, which meant I could hook up my Playstation 3 to my HDMI Compatible Monitor. Everything works fine, great picture, extremely High Def, everything like that works perfectly.

The only thing that doesn't work, is the sound. I'm not sure how I will get the sound to work? Do I have to some how plug it in to my Computer, or speakers or what?

I have the original cord which has the Audio, Visual etc plugs (The red, white and yellow), but I don't have anywhere that they can plug into the speakers. And I'm pretty sure pluging it into my computer wouldn't help, because sound doesn't come out of my computer.

Any help?
Thanks.
Got a picture of both the cables?
Most of the time its a separate thing. With the 360 component cables I still have to use the red and white for sound.
The red green and blue are just for picture (RGB of pixels)
(12-29-2009, 08:56 PM)Extasey Wrote: [ -> ]Got a picture of both the cables?
Most of the time its a separate thing. With the 360 component cables I still have to use the red and white for sound.
The red green and blue are just for picture (RGB of pixels)

I have an HDMI Cable plugged in from the Playstation to the Monitor; the cable:

And the default Yellow, White and Red cables for the PS3, which aren't connected to anything:
Typically its Yellow for video and Red and White for sound.
What i would be doing is running the sound into an amp of some sort.
Even into your PC would do.
(12-29-2009, 09:21 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [ -> ]Typically its Yellow for video and Red and White for sound.
What i would be doing is running the sound into an amp of some sort.
Even into your PC would do.

But, putting it into my computer wouldn't work though? Because sound doesn't come out of the computer, it comes out of the speakers, not the box?
Does your monitor have white and red plugs?
Can you plug both cables into the PS3 at the same time?
Yeah I can plug both in AT the same time, but my monitor doesn't have built in speakers, so plugging it into there won't help
Plug the audio speakers directly into your TV's audio section. Had this problem with mine.
But, my computer screen and my tv are a good 3 or 4 metres away. I can't really move them together, because they're in awkward positions, and I'm using my computer screen as the actuall "TV" type thing.
Buy a longer S cable. And I'm using a TV as a monitor. It's the only way. Technology is new.
Pages: 1 2