Support Forums

Full Version: XBOX 360 vs PS3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I'm currently deciding between XBOX 360 and a PS3. I'm getting one of those on my birthday :nice:

Which is better and why ? And in terms of graphics , who wins ?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of both products ?

Sorry if I'm asking to much questions as I have to make sure I get the better one. Don't want to regret buying it. I've never had a XBOX before so I want to know what a XBOX is like. I've got a PS2 , PSP and an PS1 in the past.
Heres a comparison of the GPU's
http://forum.pcvsconsole.com/viewthread.php?tid=19237
I think thats from a while ago, down the bottom it says the specs haven't been confirmed for the PS3

The main thing the PS3 has going for it is the Blu-Ray player. It also has free online play.

Xbox has a different set of games like Halo and all that crap. The online play seems to be quicker, as whenever I have played on a PS3 it takes a while to find matches. This is on connections that are 300 times quicker then mine, with their NAT settings opened up.

I'm biased towards a 360, just because I have one.
Go 360 ;)
Live:
xBox: Paid
PS3: Free

Games:
xBox: Good
PS3: Good

Graphics:
xBox: Okay
PS3: Good

Wireless Connection
xBox: Pay 120 dollars for a wireless connector
PS3: Build in

Ability to do more
xBox: Limited
PS3: A lot

Meh hard to decide who wins xD
That review is pretty biased.
Ability to do more??? You mean like you can get a grill for your PS3 so you don't have to get off your fat ass to cook some meat?
Generally, the games cost $20 more for PS3 then they do on the xbox... I presume its because they are using a Blu-ray disc.
Hello;

All the reviews you view will be biased in some way or another. But I have a friend whom traded his PS3 for an XBOX 360 if that tells you anything.

-LS
(12-29-2009, 03:56 AM)Extasey Wrote: [ -> ]That review is pretty biased.
Ability to do more??? You mean like you can get a grill for your PS3 so you don't have to get off your fat ass to cook some meat?
Generally, the games cost $20 more for PS3 then they do on the xbox... I presume its because they are using a Blu-ray disc.
You can do so much more with the PS3 in terms of the ability to handle graphics and settings that the xBox don't have. Also you can make a great music library with your PS3.
I've gotten a PS3 a few days ago.
Thanks for all the replies.

Appreciate it Smile
I own both a 360 and a PS3, and I have to say that I still prefer my 360. The only games I use my PS3 for are Wipeout HD and Ratchet and Clank, both of which are PS3 exclusive.
I got both, PS3 10x better. Trust me bro,
I would say XBox 360 purely from that fact it is cheaper, and the only main things you are missing out on is the blue ray drive, and the ability to surf the net on it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5