Support Forums

Full Version: Why we can not make new folder named ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

Is there any one know why we can not make a new folder named (( con )) ?

try to make this folder on your desktop.

can you?
Con is a reserved name from the early days from DOS, it stands for the "CONSOLE" I/O device, Since it is already used by the system. If we create one with some evil tricks then the system will get confused.

http://osum.sun.com/profiles/blogs/21816...ost:675207
Thanka Nak

I did not know that.

This is good info for me
You're welcome, you can use google next time ;)
Quote:An Indian discovered that nobody can't create a FOLDER anywhere named as "con"
So this guy is either Indian himself and has so much pride within his country that he feels it in the fact that some random Indian dude couldn't make a folder called con.
Or hes just a racist, and can't believe that an Indian did something smart for once.
(12-26-2009, 10:23 PM)Extasey Wrote: [ -> ]So this guy is either Indian himself and has so much pride within his country that he feels it in the fact that some random Indian dude couldn't make a folder called con.
Or hes just a racist, and can't believe that an Indian did something smart for once.

First , I am non english speaker
Second , at least i know more languages than you

Third , You liked to make a joke .. but you did not.

fourth , I am not Indian despit the Indian is great nation and i give my respect to them

Fifth , I will leave this forum becoz you are here.

Injoy youself
Quote:At Microsoft the whole Team, including Bill Gates, couldn't answer why this happened!!!
Quote:It’s pretty simple, Con is a reserved name from the early days from DOS, it stands for the "CONSOLE" I/O device, Since it is already used by the system.
Proof that the man is a thief. Just look at the Fedora distro and look at windows 7.
[Image: windows-7-build-7068-screenshot.png]
[Image: 800px-Tours_Fedora11_029_Apps.png]
Damn why so mean guys?
(12-27-2009, 04:07 AM)mattoni Wrote: [ -> ]First , I am non english speaker

fourth , I am not Indian despit the Indian is great nation and i give my respect to them

Injoy youself
If you can't handle emotional pressure from a user you don't like, then you don't need to be here.
(12-27-2009, 07:23 AM)Аноним Интерфейс Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:It’s pretty simple, Con is a reserved name from the early days from DOS, it stands for the "CONSOLE" I/O device, Since it is already used by the system.
Proof that the man is a thief. Just look at the Fedora distro and look at windows 7.
[Image: windows-7-build-7068-screenshot.png]
[Image: 800px-Tours_Fedora11_029_Apps.png]

That really is an ugly KDE set up. Too much stuff!
(12-27-2009, 04:07 AM)mattoni Wrote: [ -> ]First , I am non english speaker

Injoy youself

Nepal? I got a friend from there.
Pages: 1 2