Support Forums

Full Version: Primary Hard drive chucked it in.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have two hard drives. One partitioned with windows and data. The other for backups.

The primary (windows and data) seems to have kicked the bucket. Tried it on two different computers and the bios isn't recognizing the device. When the computer turns on it hangs when detecting the IDE drives. Then my computer just skips and tries to boot off the network.

Anyone have any ideas? If I can't get the drive to work I think I'll install windows onto the secondary drive and then install the primary into one of those USB HDD things and try to recover the data that way.

I've got some pictures if required (of bios). I'm not putting them here right now because I'm posting from phone.
IDE ? not SATA? When you can upload photos, I have curiosity Smile
Your hard drive just might of fryed completly, this happened to me once i was gutted!
Lol sorry, as I said, I'm on my phone and it's just annoying to type so I'm being breif. The secondary is IDE (hence the reason it's a secondary) and the primary is SATA. Will annoy me if the drive fried, I don't see why it would have because it was working fine 2 hours before and there wasn't any powersurges or anything (have a surge protector and a few of our outdoor lights explode when we do have them).
The HDD is done. Given it's age this is expected. I had to replace mine. What file system was the HDD in? NTFS?
Ntfs. The hard drive is only 2 years old. Hasn't even been used for that amoun of time.
How is the PSU acting?
Fine. Nothing wrong with it at all.
In the brogress of burning Windows 7 to a disc so I can install on my secondary.
(12-25-2009, 12:28 AM)Extasey Wrote: [ -> ]Fine. Nothing wrong with it at all.
In the brogress of burning Windows 7 to a disc so I can install on my secondary.

You're just going to have to recycle your primary.
Yeah I just got back from purchasing a 1tb HDD for $125.
I paid more then that for a cheap 500GB HDD 2 years ago.

Pages: 1 2