Support Forums

Full Version: [Release] rPort 0.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Program Name:
rPort.

Version:

Price:
Free.

Developers:
  • Mark.H
  • Felicia.S

What does it do?
* rPort_/-cmd
* Is the commands line version of our port scanner, this is to be run from the command line. all out put of this program will be displayed on the terminal you are using. This has basic functionality.
* rPort_/-UI
* Is out version of rPort_/-cmd that has as GUI, this GUi will help display information on how the scan is progressing.

rPort CMD
rport-cmd has a couple of command line switches that control its functionality these switches/arguments are:

HOST=
TIMEOUT=
START=
END=

What HOST= does is it it specifies the host tat rPort is going to scan, it can be an IP address, an url or even an hostname.

TIMEOUT= Specifies how long the rport should wait for a reply, if it exceeds the TIMEOUT time then it will move on too the next port.

START= and END= tell the program where to start and where to finish

rPort GUI

This is basically a GUI front end to the rport-cmd.

It has other features for example, it will display messages for when the scan starts and finishes as well as timeouts.

This is not yet complete and does have problems with ms windows operating systems. The packages, gtk-gnome-ruby (Or similar) packages need to be installed for this to work.

We are working on:
* Stealth scanning.
* Quicker scanning.
* Report generating.
* Ability to scan multiple hosts at one time.

Note:
Some say that that port scanning is Illegal and some say its not. You must ONLY use this program for legal purposes. (We don't want to get into strife for this one)

License:
This program is under the GPLv2 License.

Readme and Documentation:
Can be found Here.

Download:
rPort GUI Version can be found here.
rPort Command Line Version can be found here.

You no longer have to be a registered member to download out software. Smile

To see some screenshots and the original thread, go to this link here.

Thanks!
Damn, the download links are dead!
Is there a way I could get the CMD version to learn from ;)
(01-15-2010, 06:47 PM)Master of The Universe Wrote: [ -> ]Damn, the download links are dead!
Is there a way I could get the CMD version to learn from ;)

http://pyritedesign.com/software/open/

Should do it, wanna help me work on the new command line one? =D
LOL maybe when I get on your level... Big Grin
But I'm going trought Port Scanners written in C++/#, Python, Perl and now Ruby... it's a basic step into network programming...
Sockets and such...

edit:
I forgot to say, Thanks man!
I'm still trying to get on to Mark's level too! Haha. Last night he was teaching me stuff. I gave up and fell asleep. :\
But MoTU, as I've said before. You're always welcome into the Pyrite Design crew, whenever you want Smile
(01-15-2010, 07:29 PM)trilobyte- Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still trying to get on to Mark's level too! Haha. Last night he was teaching me stuff. I gave up and fell asleep. :\
But MoTU, as I've said before. You're always welcome into the Pyrite Design crew, whenever you want Smile

Yeah sure, but you know my current situation and that I wouldn't be able to help at all... Sad
That's no problem at all, the position will always be open for you, whenever you return Smile
How is the security of this Port Scanner? Would you put it up there with Zenmap/Nmap?
Security as in how? Stability? Or undetectable scanning or what?

Stability
rPort works very very well on Linux, although it has been tested to work on Windows, it's not as good as Linux's Performance. It has quite fast scanning too.

Stealth
Stealth mode isn't in this release of rPort. In rPort, the next release (WHICH WILL BE RELEASED VERY SOON), it has built in Stealth Scanning Mode, and double multiple scanning commands, making it 10x faster and more reliable.
(01-16-2010, 08:34 AM)trilobyte- Wrote: [ -> ]Security as in how? Stability? Or undetectable scanning or what?

Stability
rPort works very very well on Linux, although it has been tested to work on Windows, it's not as good as Linux's Performance. It has quite fast scanning too.

Stealth
Stealth mode isn't in this release of rPort. In rPort, the next release (WHICH WILL BE RELEASED VERY SOON), it has built in Stealth Scanning Mode, and double multiple scanning commands, making it 10x faster and more reliable.
That's all I needed to know sir. Thanks.
Pages: 1 2