Support Forums

Full Version: Little help :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all. I dont know what to get and what price range it will come in at so i came to ask you marvelous people Smile

Ok so i have loads of crap in my house, Ps3, Xbox, Wii, Ps2 Etc. I want to have them all on the internet except the consoles are in a different room from my computer. I dont want to flick a cable between each console i want to be on the internet with them all Smile.

I currently have a modem + wireless router which is in my living room and my pc is in the bedroom Smile, the consoles are in the next room Smile. The pc is connected via cables Smile. What can i use to connect my consoles to the internet from my modems Smile?

david-
I suppose you're wanting to create a network. I'm not sure if it will work because it isn't PC and PC. The way might be the WI-FI
Well i want to have everything online at the one time. I have an external hard drive that i would like to share with the consoles aswell as the pc.
It shouldn't be easy and might not work. You're wanting to connect to your network different consoles with different O.S.

I don't believe you can do more than admin them by router.

Ah! XBOX is from microsoft too it probably can work on network with a PC. Take your time for try combinations Smile
There is a USB-WiFi meant for all those counsels. Hook them up and have the router recognize them. I do it. Good luck!
(12-24-2009, 05:05 AM)Uhriventis Wrote: [ -> ]There is a USB-WiFi meant for all those counsels. Hook them up and have the router recognize them. I do it. Good luck!

Why need USB-WIFI? All consoles who said have WI-FI by default
Not the best of strength if i used wifi Smile. So i want to use cables, I think they are called hubs or switches that i can use?
Your HUB are the router.Check how many connections can support at the same time (in my case 4 cables).
Well the PS3 can be connected wirelessly and the Wii can too I think. The PS2 and Xbox are going to need ethernet cables.
The modems are in a different room i dont want a cluttered wall of cables, as there would be 4. I do not wan't to use wireless i need something that would plug into the modems to split the internet connection between 4 consoles.
Pages: 1 2