Support Forums

Full Version: [Suggestion] Software Release Section or Ruby Section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Omni.

I was wondering if we could have a Software Release Section or a Ruby section or something. I recently posted some of my websites Software we offer, but I had to do it in the OSHIT area, because there wasn't a Ruby section nor a release section.

Just a suggestion ;)
I personally don't see what a "software release" section would have to do with "supportforums", but seeing as how the OSHIT ect areas exist, I guess I can see it happening. I think a Ruby section would be more practical, though.
(12-23-2009, 02:53 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: [ -> ]I personally don't see what a "software release" section would have to do with "supportforums", but seeing as how the OSHIT ect areas exist, I guess I can see it happening. I think a Ruby section would be more practical, though.

Yeah, that's why I said or the Ruby section. I just need somewhere to post our software, considering it's in Ruby it may be more logical in the Ruby section.
Why not just a release section in general. If its source code it belongs in the programming section, if its a completed product (compiled) it should go in the release section. Once a program is compiled it doesn't matter what it was coded in.
(12-23-2009, 03:47 AM)Extasey Wrote: [ -> ]Why not just a release section in general. If its source code it belongs in the programming section, if its a completed product (compiled) it should go in the release section. Once a program is compiled it doesn't matter what it was coded in.

That is what I suggested first, lol.
Ohhhhh. Lol I read it quickly and saw "release section under ruby"
If you're selling the software it should go in the SF marketplace.

I think a general Software section would be more appropriate, software release is too broad, but, a software support and release section would be better IMHO.

And about the Ruby, it wouldn't do well right now, I don't think there are many people here to offer support in Ruby, as the language is just....weird lol. And a support section for a language not many people know will look horrible, especially to member just coming here. Think about it this way: 150 members are trying to learn Ruby and start posting support requests, 2 people here actually know it well enough to give the support.......
(12-23-2009, 06:33 AM)Grizzly Wrote: [ -> ]If you're selling the software it should go in the SF marketplace.

I think a general Software section would be more appropriate, software release is too broad, but, a software support and release section would be better IMHO.

And about the Ruby, it wouldn't do well right now, I don't think there are many people here to offer support in Ruby, as the language is just....weird lol. And a support section for a language not many people know will look horrible, especially to member just coming here. Think about it this way: 150 members are trying to learn Ruby and start posting support requests, 2 people here actually know it well enough to give the support.......

Most of our software is free, only one of our programs is a paid one, but that's hasn't been fully released yet.

I agree what your saying. I'm not any good at Ruby, never tried it, just seen my mate with his programs. Ruby looked a lot like PHP, from what I saw. I know that sounds weird though, haha.
I actually want to do a "freebies" section here but I do want to have a ruby coding section too.

This site is still very new and lots of development is going to take place.
(12-27-2009, 10:00 PM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]I actually want to do a "freebies" section here but I do want to have a ruby coding section too.

This site is still very new and lots of development is going to take place.

Aight, thanks.
Keep us updated on the development.