Support Forums

Full Version: Jailbreaking Questions..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Should I jailbreak my iPod Touch 3g? (Is it worth it if it messes up..hmm)
Can I still put games I have already bought on a Jailbroken iPod?
Once jailbroken, since its 3g, does that mean I have to rejailbreak if I turn the iPod off.
OR
Does it mean I have to rejailbreak if the Battery is dead. Like 0% and turns off.

I have searched for these answers. I'm just asking in case anyone wants to clear things up for me and some I couldn't find the answers to. Don't say "search yourself" or something I already know. I am, and have been for a while. I made this to get a little help.

Answered Q's..
[Ones I answered myself..lol]
Can I use Blackrain with an iPod Touch 3g. (Searched, and only found iPhone users using it..?)

I found that you can, but everyone is having problems with it working..
http://www.ithinkdiff.com/jailbreak-ipod...blackra1n/
Check out the comments. What should I do?
Yes jailbreaking it is worth it, trust me.
Yes
I used blackrain on my iPod Touch 2g, I'm pretty sure there is a version for the 3g.
No, it stays jailbreak unless you restore your iPod touch
(12-22-2009, 10:04 PM)NaK Wrote: [ -> ]No, it stays jailbreak unless you restore your iPod touch

Shh, you don't know what your talking about. The third generation is different.
Every time the device is switched off you will need to run the blackra1n program on your computer again. To be honest, its not worth it until the fix this issue. Has something to do with the exploit they used being patched (very, very technical). Now that hackulous is gone I don't see much point to jailbreaking either, besides the awesome tweaks and themes you can get out of cydia/installer/rock/icy.
Ah, well I didn't know that 3g that different from the 2g one :\
yea the 3g one is hellish to deal with. iphones are the same way, I wouldn't jailbreak it if I was you.
If I jailbroke and got winterboard and installed a new theme, when I turned it off/back on, would I keep the theme but lose Cydia?
You don't lose the jailbreak, your device won't turn on.
Jailbreaking is easy as 1,2,3 just go to the blackra1n website and download. I have blackra1n on my Ipod Touch 3gen 8gb and it works fine. I just watch my battery and never fully shut it off. I just put it to sleep instead.
The jail breaking process is easy, but if it dies or crashes, then your fudged. You'll be forced to do it all again.
Extasey pretty much said it all. so be careful lol
Pages: 1 2 3