Support Forums

Full Version: Language Support?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think that we could provide a wider variety of help to wider range of people through the medium of multi-linguistics. Like:
Spanish
Frence
German
Arabic
Russian
Etc.
Just a thought...
Sorry, bro. Omni stated a while back that this is to be geared toward English speaking people.
I would like to see something like that, I could help with 3 languages...
The posts and askings for help or translation would of course be in english...
Under Academic section would be a good place!
(12-21-2009, 12:37 AM)iPaNiK Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, bro. Omni stated a while back that this is to be geared toward English speaking people.

Like said the posts would be english, take a look at this thread:
http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=1537
(12-21-2009, 12:37 AM)iPaNiK Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, bro. Omni stated a while back that this is to be geared toward English speaking people.

I believe he was talking about making forums where people could speak different languages. What they are talking about here would be the same as the math help area. You're running into trouble while trying to learn Spanish, post something here, a person could help you out, and help you understand the way it is. I think it would be pretty cool, but, if it was implemented it would have to be all languages in one.
Guys, I might be wrong, but I'm about 80% on this. He said a while back that this would remain an English based forum. I don't know if he'll end up changing his mind, but from what I've seen, it's not happening yet. I think it may be a good idea, but for now everyone here is fluent enough in English to be able to be an active member. Also, about the "Spanish help", you can post it in the Academics section, and I'm sure someone will be glad to help out. Same with any language, really. Just title your thread [Spanish] Help with Homework! Or something like that.
Yeah I say too that it just can be posted in Academics section, but a sub forum in Academics wouldn't hurt, imho!
i'll be able to help with russian as im learning it in school
Everyone, be sure you realise he means a forum to ASSIST others with learning languages, or about language questions (even English!). He doesn't mean support in other languages (e.g. "Hur postar jag en ny trĂ¥d?" - "How do I post a new thread), he means help ABOUT languages, (e.g. "What is the difference between 'de' and 'dom' in Swedish?").

I support this. I'd like to see a sub-forum added in the Academics section.
This won't be a multi-lingual site.
(12-21-2009, 09:57 PM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]This won't be a multi-lingual site.
Aye, but can there be language tutorials and a sub-forum in the academics section? So that people can learn these languages and ask questions? Not necessarily multilingual, but just learning other languages.....
Pages: 1 2