Support Forums

Full Version: MiFi/iPod Touch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, I will most likely sound really stupid when talking about this. I have just purchased my iPod Touch & I'm not very good with WiFi/MiFi/Any connection..

My question is, after reading:

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000...12b,00.htm

[And seeing "MiFi for £49.99 on Pay As You Go"]

Does this mean, that I can "pay as I use" this MiFi and I could take the "Wireless (WiFi) Device" [Thats what the article called it] and put it in my pocket and I could connect to the internet at spots that don't have a WiFi connection (I could just connect to my own MiFi)?
That's pretty much how it works.
(12-21-2009, 02:21 AM)iintens Wrote: [ -> ]That's pretty much how it works.

Any chance you know where I can get one of these devices?
Or the internet speed?
.... Bump

Really want to know more about this.
I may be wrong, but is this the same service t-mobile offers? like the hot spot?
Do some research about it, its not going to fall in your lap.
(12-22-2009, 11:57 AM)ktmrider530 Wrote: [ -> ]I may be wrong, but is this the same service t-mobile offers? like the hot spot?

Yeah, I think so...

(12-22-2009, 11:57 AM)WMM Wrote: [ -> ]Do some research about it, its not going to fall in your lap.

I am.. (obviously)
I can't seem to find a pay-as-you-go like I wanted..

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/05/v...his-month/

This one is $400 + $15 per day.
I want to just buy the device and pay for the MiFi when I use it.
Wait, wait, wait. If you buy this thingy and you'll switch it on, you'll have WiFi everywhere? And you don't need to put a SIM Card or anything inside it? Or am I wrong?
If you want something like that, it sounds like you are looking at an iPhone...
(01-29-2010, 10:17 AM)AnonymouS12 Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, wait, wait. If you buy this thingy and you'll switch it on, you'll have WiFi everywhere? And you don't need to put a SIM Card or anything inside it? Or am I wrong?

No, It's EVDO I think.
Pages: 1 2