Support Forums

Full Version: VLC doesn't show on projector.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i was at school setting up a projector, and everytime i played a movie, VLC wouldn't work. it would show up as black. I solved it with a DVD player, but i would like to know why it did that.
Change the video renderer that VLC is using by default. Sorry I cant be more helpful, but I had the same problem with screenshotting and VLC, and by changing the video filter, I was able to screenshot the videos I was watching. Im just gonna assume it will help your problem also ^__^

Also, if you are on windows I would uninstall all codec packs you have on your computer, and install CCCP( combined community codec pack) and download MPC(media player classic), i watch alot of videos that range from all sorts of codecs, and MPC with CCCP has given me the least amount of problems. If you are on linux, I would use SMPlayer way before you use VLC ^__^ but then again its all personal choice.

ALSO: this link might help you, http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php...ostcount=2
(12-18-2009, 03:31 PM)Nyx- Wrote: [ -> ]Change the video renderer that VLC is using by default. Sorry I cant be more helpful, but I had the same problem with screenshotting and VLC, and by changing the video filter, I was able to screenshot the videos I was watching. Im just gonna assume it will help your problem also ^__^

Also, if you are on windows I would uninstall all codec packs you have on your computer, and install CCCP( combined community codec pack) and download MPC(media player classic), i watch alot of videos that range from all sorts of codecs, and MPC with CCCP has given me the least amount of problems. If you are on linux, I would use SMPlayer way before you use VLC ^__^ but then again its all personal choice.

ALSO: this link might help you, http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php...ostcount=2

school compiter can't install any new codecs. Also i love VLC sorry. I found it funny, VLC usually is the one that works xD
Im with Nyx- on this although i understand your schools PC does not allow for installs.
MPC rocks.
(12-18-2009, 10:16 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]school compiter can't install any new codecs. Also i love VLC sorry. I found it funny, VLC usually is the one that works xD

hehe yea its not that it doesnt work, every media player has its pros and cons, and VLC i consider second best on windows and linux. until i reformat my SMPlayer is busted, so im stuck using VLC and i dont mind. there are alot of things i miss though. i cant use click to pause/play a movie, or set the right click to anything. on smplayer you can set all sorts of mouse buttons so if i was going to bed i just put wireless mouse on nightstand, butttt with VLC you have to actually move the mouse and click unclick play(yea i know im lazy lol)