Support Forums

Full Version: My best work yet imo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys.

So I just started school holidays and already I'm bored. So what does a wanna be graphic designer do in their spare time? Design ofc.

I followed a few different tuts, and came up with this:
[Image: Crate.png]

Big Grin
What do you reckon?

Thanks!
Constructive Criticism is welcome / wanted. Smile
-Jordan.
Great work mate.
I love the screws in the wood and shading on the bevel edges. Gives it a realistic feel.
(12-17-2009, 10:36 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [ -> ]Great work mate.
I love the screws in the wood and shading on the bevel edges. Gives it a realistic feel.

Thanks mate, really appreciated Smile
The original tut I followed had screws in the top aswel as other things, but I decided it looked fine the way it was.. I also wanted a brake because it took an hour to make, haha.
The shadow could be better. I don't know where the light source is, but it should be a little different imo.
Otherwise, great work!
(12-17-2009, 10:38 PM)ktmrider530 Wrote: [ -> ]The shadow could be better. I don't know where the light source is, but it should be a little different imo.
Otherwise, great work!

Thanks Ktm!
I realised about the shadow, it doesn't look as good as it did when I was actually in the process of making it all.
And how do you mean light source? I'm kinda confused on what you mean, haha.
Like a light bulb.The shading on top says light is coming straight down, but at the bottom the shadow doesn't match the source. If that makes sense. Maybe someone else could try to explain better? Sorry, i'm not great with well... words lol
I think I know what you mean, as in, at the top, it is lighter towards the far end and darker to the closer end, but the front face is the opposite?
Like at the bottom, the shadow shouldn't stick out on the sides at all.
Wow. Amazing. Outstanding. Astonishing. Superb.
I agree, that is your best work
Your Skills are so good mann Big Grin
You should have a go at a few of the tutorials on psd.tutplus.com
They're pretty straight forward, and have a variety of difficulties and styles.
Pages: 1 2