Support Forums

Full Version: Thanks to you guys :-))
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a real bad problem with my laptop.

I downgraded to Windows XP from Windows Vista, and here is where my problems started, everything seemed fine at first apart from i needed drivers for my Advent 5431 laptop.
I really needed to get online as soon as possible, and could not get the ethernet and Wireless drivers from anywhere since i could not use my friends internet. Glare

So i took it to the local computer shop and asked him could he get all my drivers on we arranged a cheap price since it was only drivers and all was good in a few hours.
So i get home turn on the laptop and i was impressed at how quick the laptop was running on XP. Devlish

Here is where my big problem started.
Every half an hour or so the computer screen would go off on its own, the power of the laptop stayed on, it did this over and over all day yesterday.
I come on here and found lots of usefull information from a few members and leaded me to the computer fix. Pirate

A few people told me some stuff to do, so i updated drivers and took out my CMOS battery and my Ram give it a clean out with a tin of compressed air, and guess what ive had no problems since with my screen. Big Grin

hehe Cheers Guys Thumbsup
Great to hear mate. You got it sorted out. Very happy to hear that.
(12-17-2009, 08:32 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [ -> ]Great to hear mate. You got it sorted out. Very happy to hear that.

Yea thanks for your help m8 much appreciated. I think you must no how bad it is when you are having pc trouble lol was really pissing me off big time.

It got me thinking after reseting the bios did that guy in the pc shop do somthing to it in some way so id go back and get it fixed for a silly fee lol

Thumbsup