Support Forums

Full Version: My media player v.9 start automaticlly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all

I have problem with my windows media player ((XP)). it start automaticlly when i switch on my Pc. and when i try to close it start again .

I tried to close it also by task manager but no way.

i tried to remove it through cpanel but no way.

I tried to delete any files of media player from my PC but no way.

anyone can help?
You may have a virus not sure though do some scans.
start/run/cmd then msconfig.
Then check if its on startup or anything else you dont like there and change then to not load at boot and check if that works.
As WMM said. It could be some infection so a scan would be advised also.
Your best option is to try removing Windows Media Player whilst you are using Safe Mode.
(12-16-2009, 03:02 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [ -> ]start/run/cmd then msconfig.
Then check if its on startup or anything else you dont like there and change then to not load at boot and check if that works.

i tried all this but notting happened
(12-16-2009, 03:02 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [ -> ]start/run/cmd then msconfig.

i tried all this but notting happened
(12-16-2009, 03:08 PM)Skill Wrote: [ -> ]Your best option is to try removing Windows Media Player whilst you are using Safe Mode.

the problem that i tried to boot my PC with the orignal CD and the media start automatclly againConfused
What scanner did you use?
avg anti virus.

As u know its not possible to run 2 antivirus at same time becoz it makes ur PC very slow.
Try using http://www.malwarebytes.org/ and do a quick scan once you have it.
(12-18-2009, 03:26 PM)WMM Wrote: [ -> ]Try using http://www.malwarebytes.org/ and do a quick scan once you have it.

You can use this and AVG at the same time too.
IMHO I find it better to use one at once that way there is no interference.
Pages: 1 2