Support Forums

Full Version: [TUTORIAL] How to fix the BSOD for XP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Before I start, I will tell you what the BSoD is.
Here is a link to some information on Wikipedia

Well, I had this problem a while back, and I figured I'd let you in on how i fixed the blue screen of death (BSoD).
[Image: yd2f3oo]

Well, this is what I know.
You want to start it up in safe mode, which means that when your computer starts up, you hit F8 until a boot menu comes up. Scroll up to "Safe mode" and hit enter.

From there, your going to log into the account that says "Administrator", not any other. Then, you run a scan with any Ad ware/Spy ware scanner, and remove all viruses. It is easier to pick the bad ones up in your drivers and things like that.

Then, you restart your system, and try to get back into the regular user, and un-install some old programs that you don't use. The BSoD is possibly occurring because there is not enough space on your computer to operate. So, when that is finished, you want to restart, and just keep on doing what ever it is you want to do! (Try to run a game and see if it still is happening.) That's when your having a problem with your video driver.

If your having a problem with your driver, then watch this video.
HERE

I hope I helped you guys!
Sincerely yours,
Jason