Support Forums

Full Version: Pointless spamming in the welcome mat?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've seen a lot of people lately with 20 or less posts instructing people to "read the rules" and "stay active" in the Welcome Mat. It makes me giggle because its just weird.

Heres an example:
http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=3577

The 2nd dude copy and pasted that into about 3 different welcome threads (of what I saw).

Some people may say "they're just nice people"

I think they just don't realise they're post count isn't raising from saying welcome.

Not complaining, I just think its funny that someone who seems to be just walking through the door acting like they've been here for years!
Personally I really don't give a damn about post counts and things of the nature. I'm here to receive help or give. Other then that it's a place to get laughs and try not to complain.
I do, I'm goin ta the top baby! all the way! lol neh, it really doesnt mean much.
Post count is post count, I visit this place daily but don't post much. I help where I can but usually browse.

Anyway if new members want to waste there time thinking they are going to be more respected if they post pointless crap in the welcome mat then let them?
I don't see how that is spamming. Generally, you introduce yourself, which he was doing. If some one just post "WAZZZAAPPP?!?" That's spamming.
I don't think saying "WAZZZAAPPP?!?" is spamming, its different! Copy and pasting the same introduction and instructions is!
Does this really call for a thread? Sorry man but I don't think it does :S
its a new site lol , many people have low posts
Yes but they are welcoming someone when they themselves are worthy of welcome.
Pages: 1 2