Support Forums

Full Version: Problems with my screen resolution.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay I've been on Ubuntuforums about this to.

I've installed ubuntu 9.04 desktop edition hundreds of times on my pc before, And now all of a sudden when I do my updates then install my graphics hardware driver the recommended one, When I restart it automatically says Input out of range please change settings to 1280x1028 0 60gz, I've did lspci and even reconfigured it back to normal nothing works, Is there a config file I could replace that will make it 1280? I mean there literally is nothing. It's never did this before. Could people tell me why it's doing this.
Ubuntu is fail. I have had more problems with Ubuntu regarding graphics then any other distro. Try openSuSE.
(12-17-2009, 10:30 AM)Uhriventis Wrote: [ -> ]Ubuntu is fail. I have had more problems with Ubuntu regarding graphics then any other distro. Try openSuSE.

Oh and have you tried to gedit the xorg file IF you would like to stay with that distro.
Do they have a free cd in the mail?
(01-10-2010, 07:09 AM)iR00T Wrote: [ -> ]Do they have a free cd in the mail?

are your fglrx drivers configured correctly?
I would assume that they are not configured correctly but due to a bug. I looked for the out of range and came up with ViewSonic and nvidia problems. which monitor and graphics card do you have, it may be a problem with the new drivers.
I've fixed this. I use envyng now. With the current computer I have it works fine. So it must of been that GFX card I had in my last computer.
delete- thought i posted in different topic