Support Forums

Full Version: Is it ok to delete 'Old disk structure' after system recovery?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The title says it all really. I ran system recovary, now my hard drive is like 2 computers in 1. Is it ok to delete the entire 'old disk structure' including the WINDOWS part?

Thanks
If everything is running smoothly then there is no need to keep the Old Disk Structure partition. It's a partition on your hard drive that is created just incase your system malfunctions during the recovery.
Yeah, like Skill said, you won't need it after a successful recovery.
Ok, i'm deleting it now. Thanks.

and yeah, everything runs fine, I only needed the old disk structure to transfer my documents. I reinstalled the few programmes I had. I was just hoping that nothing inside the old WINDOWS folders was being used. But i'm sure everything that is needed is in the new WINDOWS folder.
Yeah, everything is duplicated so you should be fine.

Make sure you let us know how it goes.
I can't delete the WINDOWS folder or the Documents and settings folder as it says something like make sure its not full or write protected and not in use.
Have you tried removing the files in Safe Mode?

Also, check out this short guide that UID=0 created a while back, http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=332

If none of the above methods work, post below or PM me and I'll find another solution for you.