Support Forums

Full Version: How to get your YouTube audio back.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just thought I'd share this. It works for me every time they remove the audio from my videos, often times within seconds of submitting!

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/246162.page Wrote:How to Get Your Audio Back

When you upload a video that contains audio licensed by another party, you will receive a message similar to the following on your account homepage:

"You have videos that may contain content that is owned by someone else. Please review these videos."

Follow the link that says these videos. It will bring you to a new page that contains a list of your own videos with content that matched someone elses. There should be a button on each video in this section, that says "Resolve Copyright". Click it, and it will bring you to a new page. This page will basically tell you the content is owned by someone else.

At the bottom, there is a link that says "Learn more about the dispute process". Click it. Read the new page if you wish to understand it a bit more, if not, scroll down and click the link saying "Take me to the dispute form."

Once you get there, there are a few options to choose from. You want to choose option number 2, and copy and paste the following into the text box provided.

"Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

Make sure to include the quotes.

There are a few other things to fill out on this page, so take the extra 10 seconds and do so. Provide them with a first and last name. The dispute process is completely private, and your information will be safe. Once you have filled it out, hit "Continue". A new page will pop up, once you have read it, click "Submit Dispute".

Your audio should come back in 2-3 minutes.

*This method works 99% of the time, there are a few songs that you will not be able to get back.

**This method will NOT work, if you are intending on profitting off of the video, ie YouTube partner.

***In the unlikely event it does not bring your audio back because you have swapped it already, or
something along those lines, simply reupload, and follow the process when it tells you the audio is copyrighted.
Wish I would have known this earlier, I have a couple videos with "copyrighted" material in them and I make 0 profit. Thank you!
Sometimes it's as easy as restarting the browser or computer. Activating by cnf alsa-firmware and if you use alsa and don't have the firmware download by su or sudo zypper alsa-firmware or YUM or apt-get, etc.
Thanks.
I'll try this if my audio ever gets removed.
Thanks man, this should come in handy!