Support Forums

Full Version: ok i want to completly restore vista
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok is there any way to do a repair on vista without a disk. im sorry to post this but im getting so annoyed and tryed everything, reason is: cause i have a bad virus and it wont let me open control panel for jack crap. ive recently posted about this problem and nothing works.
Just press f8 or f10 or whatever it is on ur machine and do a full system recovery. Its built into ur machine (the recovery partition)
me noob, where do or when do i press f8/f10 ?
(12-11-2009, 09:28 PM)mozzwigan Wrote: [ -> ]me noob, where do or when do i press f8/f10 ?

Before you start to load Windows. Basically, the moment you start your computer, just mash F8, or F10, whatever it might be for your computer. And I thought you did need a disk for this?
No all computers nowadays have a recovery partition built in, but your supposed to also create a set of recovery discs when you first get your computer as backup.
Step one : Unplug all things from your computer.
Step two : Get computer insurance.
Step three : Get a screw driver.
Step four : Jam the screw driver into a usb port until you think it is broken.
Step five : Save all important files to a disk.
Step six : Call in and say a usb port is broken and get a new computer.
Finished!
You really don't need to reformat.
Just get malware bytes or something do a full scan then delete everything or you could system restore either way do a full scan still.
You could de-fragment it to create some space? Or maybe just delete everything from your program files that you don't use anymore?
Well that's not going to help out really, de-fragment is not made to get rid of virus's. Either use your current AV to do a full scan. Add me on msn and I will help you further windowsmediaman@live.com
I think he just added the reason. I think you can use RegCure to fix the cp, and Mal-ware bytes scanner to remove the virus. Google it to get them for free.
Pages: 1 2