Support Forums

Full Version: Promotion with Facebook Pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You know all of those random Facebook things like (morning coffee, or a good nights sleep) and everyone can go on and become a fan? Well I was sitting there thinking and I realized that if I made one and got enough fans, I could use it to promote my website!

What I recommend doing is not to make one for your website because the only people that will become fans are the people who know your website (defeats the purpose). What you should do is make one about the topic of your website. For example, for my website about reptiles, I made this page for Reptiles: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Reptiles/137628888314? (feel free to become a fan Hehe).

One problems is that there can be multiple pages with the same name / topic. You have to try and get the word out a little bit about yours.

To create the page go here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php

Now I recommend making a few posts every now and again that have something to do with your topic. Once you have a decent amount of fans, include your link in a post every now and again. Don't spam your link cause that's just annoying and won't help you at all.
I'm not a fan of Facebook and nor do I use it but this could come in handy for the Facebook users amongst us.

If I do decide to promote one of my new projects, currently in the making, I will give this a try.

Thank you for the post.
Thanks for the feedback. Thumbsup
Good idea. I have done a similar thing in facebook but using the groups.
(10-06-2009, 10:54 AM)skunkmonster Wrote: [ -> ]Good idea. I have done a similar thing in facebook but using the groups.

Yeah, it's a lot easier to become a fan of something than join a group. Your really don't even need a reason to become a fan which makes it better for promoting and reaching as many people as possible.
This also works with promoting your ref link for freebie sites. Just change it up and give it your own twist.
(10-07-2009, 08:25 PM)InsideSin Wrote: [ -> ]This also works with promoting your ref link for freebie sites. Just change it up and give it your own twist.

Yeah it's a pretty versatile idea.
facebook is great way to promote something ..
nice tips ;)
(10-07-2009, 11:49 PM)Madafaka Wrote: [ -> ]facebook is great way to promote something ..
nice tips ;)

Thanks. Thumbsup
Actually... I am going to look in to this now!
Pages: 1 2