Support Forums

Full Version: PHP vs. Coldfusion?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
I'm trying to decide on which language to learn to add functionality to my site, but I'm having trouble. From what I've read on various forums, CF apparently has cleaner code and requires less code to do the same functions as PHP, but PHP has much more support available and is more likely to be developed than CF. Not to mention it's free. However, I've also read that CF is easier to grasp and faster to develop than PHP, but I've read that PHP can do more. Since I'm ignorant abotu the subject, could someone provide some insight?
I did use CF only one time in my life and after that started learning PHP...
In my opinoin it's better to simply learn PHP, then learn using a Software.
You understand more of what your codes are doing if you write them and don't let'em be generated, and you control the code in the exact way how YOU want it!

I'm not sure about the speed, but with PHP there are also few shortcuts that you can "make" to make developing easier.
I've never used CF before. I like coding stuff myself, so I will stick with PHP Smile
Its a one-man game. There is nothing better than php for functionality and data handling.
PHP is also easier to learn.
I've never heard of coldfusion before. I might have to check this out.

Did you say it wasn't free though?
cold fusion is from macromedia, free? never....
(12-12-2009, 03:09 AM)Extasey Wrote: [ -> ]I've never heard of coldfusion before. I might have to check this out.

Did you say it wasn't free though?

It's apparently one thousand and above.
(12-12-2009, 07:36 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: [ -> ]It's apparently one thousand and above.
Err... are you stupid?
Is comes as a PART of adobes SUITE of programs that cost 1000 above.
The program alone does not cost that much.
(12-13-2009, 12:53 AM)SkullTraill Wrote: [ -> ]Err... are you stupid?
Is comes as a PART of adobes SUITE of programs that cost 1000 above.
The program alone does not cost that much.

OK, well, I reported this post, but I guess it wasn't deemed rude enough for an edit, so let me say my part; I've noticed that you have, in general, a very smarta_ss attitude for no apparent reason. Besides this post and the post in the religion thread, I've seen many posts of yours that seem like their purpose was solely to get a rise out of someone else. Did your parents teach you no manners? For god's sake, I'm fifteen and exercise better etiquette than you do. Seriously, knock it off. Not everyone's a fucki|ng encylopaedia.
(12-16-2009, 11:49 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: [ -> ]OK, well, I reported this post, but I guess it wasn't deemed rude enough for an edit, so let me say my part; I've noticed that you have, in general, a very smarta_ss attitude for no apparent reason. Besides this post and the post in the religion thread, I've seen many posts of yours that seem like their purpose was solely to get a rise out of someone else. Did your parents teach you no manners? For god's sake, I'm fifteen and exercise better etiquette than you do. Seriously, knock it off. Not everyone's a fucki|ng encylopaedia.

Lol nicely said. But IMO you should learn php. Im learning it now and its not that hard to actually grasp. Not to mention you have html, and maybe another language you should shoot for php,it will be rewarding in the end to know you coded your own site.