Support Forums

Full Version: Member of the Month
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey I think it would be a great idea to have a member of the month "contest". Everyone could nominate somebody and the top 10 people could be voted on to see who gets the award. Any thoughts?
I'm game. Maybe an award for someone that wins, and you can't win two months in a row.
Well it would be nice to have a MOTM and an award would also be great.
I'll support this idea!
Great idea. I support it. BTW, I would consider Rob as our first MOTM.
Yeah the award is what I was thinking of too.
(12-11-2009, 07:15 AM)Imaginize Wrote: [ -> ]Great idea. I support it. BTW, I would consider Rob as our first MOTM.

Thanks. Victoire
I also think this is a good idea. It will improve activity and support throughout the forums.
Okay I'll see what I can do. However I probably won't allow members to vote on this since I tried that at HF and it was fail.
(12-11-2009, 10:17 AM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]Okay I'll see what I can do. However I probably won't allow members to vote on this since I tried that at HF and it was fail.

That's understandable. Maybe you could still allow nominations though, just to get an idea of who's been the most popular. I like the way Namepros has the "Nominate for Member of the Month" option on the list when you click on somebody's username. Maybe you could create a similar plug-in for Mybb and turn it on for a week or so during a specified nomination period. Maybe even have a page everyone could go on to view all of the most nominated members.

It's times like this I think I should learn how to make them myself...
Yeah, I think this should be a staff decision, not a member's choice.
Unfortunately every plugin I've tried coding yesterday and today (3 of them) I can't get them to show up in the Admin CP > Plugins.....otherwise I'd try to do something like that lol.
Pages: 1 2