Support Forums

Full Version: Which linux version should i use??!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey there recently I started taking interest into linux and installed both Ubuntu and Linux mint - Helena. And i find em pretty cool so i was wondering what the other linux distro are like....i mean as compared to ubuntu or linux mint.
There are tons. I recomend you go out, buy the newest Linux Pro Magazine (Linux Magazine in others areas) And use there new cd. It has tons of smaller distros.
I think you should use Ubuntu in the beginning. Because it's like a desktop feeling in it. If you used to use Windows before. And While browsing around in Ubuntu you will learn more and more each day and then you might want to explore something more advanced or something. So try it out at first! That's what I did and I still have a lot to learn but it's fun!
Linux Mint is brilliant, it has the compatibility and support of Ubuntu in a nice polished package!
Try googling "Linux distros" and you'll see the top 100 distros
Top ten doesn't really help much. What hardware do you have?
Go to distrowatch and see for yourself.
ubuntu is considered the best by far.
(12-10-2009, 07:04 AM)thanasis2028 Wrote: [ -> ]ubuntu is considered the best by far.

It isn't considered the best, it just has the largest user group because it was specifically made for people migrating from Windows. It's a user friendly OS, unlike some of the other Linux Distros.
Slackware definitely
Pages: 1 2