Support Forums

Full Version: Harddrive Failure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My hard drive on my system suddenly broke, the error I received was hard drive. However it was good because I got a nice new HD and my system is now empty, free, fast and quiet.

However all my website backups and family pictures from when my sister was very young where still on there. I've tried everything to try and get them back however I had no luck.

Is there a way to get this back like to go a data recovery store and they can use there technical crap to get some if not all of my data from my broken HD back?

Or submit a method you suggest or have used. Thank you. Smile
If the driver is not working then you cant install any recovery program to retrieve your data. What type of failure is it?
But anyway i recommend you take it to a computer technician there should be some special tools for that sort of issues.

Or cant you just format the drive using DOS Command to FAT 32 and then try using a recovery program to get back your data!! It could be software failure. (just assuming) !!
Thanks for your reply.

I've already sent it too a technician and he said he couldn't take anything from the HD. He said I'll have to go to a computer data centre and pay something between the lines of £300 - £1000 to get all the data back from it and sometimes that doesn't always work.

Plus I found the problem to my system, someone spilt coke down the side of the laptop and it got into my HD somehow.

If that helps, haha.!
(12-07-2009, 04:39 AM)Combo Wrote: [ -> ]someone spilt coke down the side of the laptop

Fuckingasshole!
Yeah, I was gonna say that there is a good chance of it being recovered, but it won't be cheap. Good luck.