Support Forums

Full Version: Guake Drop Down Terminal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone tried Guake? I just set it up on my Gnome desktop and I really like the idea of have a terminal a couple of key-strokes away..

Here's a demo of Guake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zra5xS60bfY
The video ID is wrong.

I like it didn't tested it, but will for sure....
But I have a feeling I'm going to love it.
LOL, that was the one I watched.....
But I really don't know what happend, those ... under the first line supposed to be a link to the same video...
sorry...

Anyway I'm going to test it soon and then post some feedback.
It looks neat, I'm a real CLI junkie so it's always good to have a terminal handy.
wow guake is awesome , gonna install that.
Nice one! I'll install this one Smile Thx for sharing this!
This is the one thing I really don't like about GNU/Linux...All this great software but its only available through word of mouth or digging through large repositories...Its kind of like going to a flea market or a rummage sale and wondering around until you find something interesting.
(12-06-2009, 11:05 AM)g4143 Wrote: [ -> ]This is the one thing I really don't like about GNU/Linux...All this great software but its only available through word of mouth or digging through large repositories...Its kind of like going to a flea market or a rummage sale and wondering around until you find something interesting.

hhahaha funny post!
But yeah that's true!
Quake is cool, I admit.

However, if you just want a quick keyboard way to start a normal terminal, go to System-->Preferences-->Keyboard Shortcut

Go down to "Run a terminal".

Click it once. Over on the "Shortcut" side, "New Shortcut" should appear. Now, type in the shortcut you want. I use ALT-T. Close the window. Now, when you do the shortcut (ALT-T in my case), a Terminal window pops up.Oui