Support Forums

Full Version: site vulnerability test
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
does a free tool exist? my site seemed to get hacked and I'm having a helluva time trying to clean up all my files. I thought I got all of them, but google says there is still junk coming from my sites after having them review it.

here's a link to the google safe browsing page for 1 of my sites...

http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/s...-cars.com/
Well, basicly if someone wants in your site. They will get in. There is no such thing as "secure" But you can try acuntix.
Quote:This site is not currently listed as suspicious.

Seems clear now.

Quote: There is no such thing as "secure" But you can try acuntix.

Not entirely true. There is such a thing as currently secure. Which means any known exploits or bugs are patched. If he is getting repeatedly hacked then there is a problem. He has a security hole somewhere and it needs to be patched.
Half true. The problem isn't always with him. Infact most of the time it is the host server with the vulnerability. Not the actual site.
(11-29-2009, 02:12 AM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]Seems clear now.

Quote: There is no such thing as "secure" But you can try acuntix.

Not entirely true. There is such a thing as currently secure. Which means any known exploits or bugs are patched. If he is getting repeatedly hacked then there is a problem. He has a security hole somewhere and it needs to be patched.

good..yesterday it was still showing as being unsafe.

I basically changed all my ftp, mysql and login passwords for EVERYTHING...then went through all the files to clean up the code the people left on my files...what a PITA!
Yes it takes time. These things with Google are not instant.

Hopefully you have thing patched up again. Curious about that page though. I don't believe I have seen that before.
(11-29-2009, 12:59 PM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it takes time. These things with Google are not instant.

Hopefully you have thing patched up again. Curious about that page though. I don't believe I have seen that before.

Omni, sorry about the persistence. But did you report T-T34M for the HF incident?
Stay on topic and it's not really your business.