Support Forums

Full Version: How to transfer a mybb forum to a buyer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I recently sold my mybb forum and I realized that I don't know how to go about transferring the database and files to the buyer so that everything stays intact. If you have experience with this could you lay out the process for me? Thanks.
You can backup the database either in the MyBB ACP (ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Database Backups > New Backup) or in phpMyAdmin (phpMyAdmin > choose database from list on left > tabs along the top > Export > Select all tables > tick the box to save as a file near the bottom).

To download the files, you can either transfer them to your computer via FTP and zip them up, or sometimes you can zip/download them via the file manager in your host control panel.
Okay thanks. Hopefully everything works out.
You might want to notify the members of the forum that another administrator is getting access to their stuff, don't forget; PMs are not encrypted in any way on MyBB =\
Actually it seems that the buyer has abandoned the deal. I'm gonna wait a couple more days and give him a negative report at DP.