Support Forums

Full Version: Mac Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright, to begin with, I have no knowledge at all about macs. So I need all the help I can get.

My computer was working fine but for some reason my OS disappeared. When I put in the installation CD, nothing happens. Just a white apple screen. When I force it to boot it doesn't recognize any CD. It just shows an icon in the middle of the screen.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.
What happened prior to this problem? Did you install some dodge software or hardware?

Do you think you've got a virus?

Problems like this are usually best solved with dual-booting.... (for me)
I'm not sure. I didn't install any software or anything. The computer just started freezing and stuff. I couldn't open any folders or applications. I ran Disk Utility to reformat the hard drive and now I'm having this problem.
(11-27-2009, 03:42 AM)DarkZero Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure. I didn't install any software or anything. The computer just started freezing and stuff. I couldn't open any folders or applications. I ran Disk Utility to reformat the hard drive and now I'm having this problem.

Uh, formatting deletes everything on the hard drive...
(11-27-2009, 07:38 AM)MreGSX Wrote: [ -> ]Uh, formatting deletes everything on the hard drive...
Yeah, that was the point. After that I planned to re-install the OS but it's not working.
(11-27-2009, 03:15 AM)Extasey Wrote: [ -> ]Do you think you've got a virus?
LOL

http://www.jacsoft.co.nz/Tech_Notes/Mac_Keys.htm
So anyone know how I can re-install OS?
(11-28-2009, 04:07 PM)DarkZero Wrote: [ -> ]So anyone know how I can re-install OS?

Install another OS first, (windows, linux) eather will do. Once it is up and running try to reinstall. When it asks where you want your new os, choose on the whole HDD.
(11-28-2009, 05:34 PM)ktmrider530 Wrote: [ -> ]Install another OS first, (windows, linux) eather will do. Once it is up and running try to reinstall. When it asks where you want your new os, choose on the whole HDD.
It doesn't read the XP CD. I heard I can't install XP on it because it's not Intel or something. I'll try using BackTrack or Ubuntu and let you know what happens.

Edit: Didn't work...
You can also install from a usb stick.
Pages: 1 2