Support Forums

Full Version: Google knows where you are!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok I saw this first time today and only on the PC I'm posting this from on other two the option doesn't show up....

Anyway when you visit Google Maps there is a new button you can click on.

[Image: Gz7TD.png]

This is really awsome, it located me in a 10m area....
Accurate as hell!!!

EDIT: Forgot to say you need to allow google to trace you, other wise it won't work.
Had this on my iPhone since it came out. You can also trace people if you have their IP, just plug it into an ipLocator then grab the latitude and longitude and put it into google maps!
(11-26-2009, 01:35 PM)Extasey Wrote: [ -> ]Had this on my iPhone since it came out. You can also trace people if you have their IP, just plug it into an ipLocator then grab the latitude and longitude and put it into google maps!

Hell yeah, I just saw that first time on maps but again I don't really use maps...
It's really accurate!
Accurate my arse. It showed my location as somewhere in Coventry, which is at the opposite end of the country.
[Image: 2viibmq.png]

Lolololololololol. Anyway, if this is using your IP to give a location don't expect accurate results. Mine says I'm in Oxfordshire which is nowhere near me.
Well that was what I wanted to hear, anyways my location was 5-10m from my actual location!
It really depends on your ISPs IP assigning method/scheme and how they have their network set up.