Support Forums

Full Version: Robot Programing Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't no where else to post this so here it is:

Hey i need somebody's help

In my tech class im making a lego robot that has to follow a black line on a white surface. We need to code the robot on:

LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT Software v1.0

The robot car thing has to have 4 wheels, i think im going to make a non-lengthy robot so it can turn faster to find the line.

At the end of the unit we do a race, whoever wins that we go to the local college for a compition.

And i want to win, So i need help on how to make mine most efficient and faster than everyone else..

If someone can help me i would really appreciate it.

I no its a basic program but still...

Heres come background information:

Lego Mindstorms NXT is a programmable robotics kit released by Lego in late July 2006. It replaces the first-generation Lego Mindstorms kit, which was called the Robotics Invention System. The base kit ships in two versions: the Retail Version (set #8527) and the Education Base Set (set #9797). These can be used to compete in FIRST Lego League competitions. It comes with the NXT-G programming software, but a variety of unofficial languages exist, such as NXC, NBC, leJOS NXJ, and RobotC. A new version of the set, the new Lego Mindstorms NXT 2.0, was announced in January 2009, featuring an advanced color sensor and other upgraded capabilities. This set is available in the UK and Germany Online Lego Shop as well as the U.S. Online Lego shop. The NXT 2.0 sets was officially released on August 1, 2009, and its official product number is 8547.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Mindstorms_NXT
[Image: 800px-Lego_Mindstorms_NXT_Robot.jpg]
Come on i really need some help!
this is really easy to do and has absolutely nothing to do with C++. I remember doing something like this, it was supposed to take us 2 months to do but it ended up taking us 2 weeks so had jousting tournaments :]. I can't exactly help because the software costs money and tests would need to be done on the robot. Just go into sensors and use the infared sensor and have it set so that while it sees black it moves forward 1 step. I forget exactly how to do it but it's something like that.
Can you find any information on Youtube? It may help to watch a video
Yes i went to sensor but i dont no how to make the light censor follow the black and like, user the mottor at the same time
(11-25-2009, 04:33 PM)SF Phantom Wrote: [ -> ]Yes i went to sensor but i dont no how to make the light censor follow the black and like, user the mottor at the same time

there should be a simple way to make it so that when it sees the color black, it takes one step, and when it doesn't, it turns. Just google it i guess
Alrite i did it, dont worrie
(11-26-2009, 06:50 AM)SF Phantom Wrote: [ -> ]Alrite i did it, dont worrie

Doing this now, in Lockheed Martin Explorer Post-- Just set a thing on the program so Dark=Forward and White=Turn

Very simple Pirate
Well make it for me and send me the programming file. Tongue if its so easy.
lol, well it just ended by the way, so can use it anymore... lol sorry.
Pages: 1 2