Support Forums

Full Version: Nice multiplayer games??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I want a game that I and my brother can play with a direct lan.

But..........................

I want a single player game but with my brother to help me.

Because all the multiplayer game I have played does not have a storyline, the only objective is to shoot everybody or something.

That gets boring after a while!!!!

It must be the same as single player but with someone to help you.

I have played fear and it would be great to have someone to help you through the missions.

I have played commandos 2 and that is great but the game crashes too much.

I have played cod4 but the only thing there to do is to shoot all the PeZbots..............boring

We are going to try and play terminator 3 this weekend and see how that is.

But please, does there exist a mod or patch or something that can make a game like I want it?

What do you call the sort of games I want?

Thanks
I hope I am not too confusing
Whatever you do, don't buy COD:MW2, their story line is AWESOME, but the multi-player is crap.
Have you tried little big planet.. I personally think it's amazing!
Good LAN games I know:

TrackMania Nations Forever
Quote:A free arcade racing game. You can create tracks and race against eachother online or over LAN easily. It's really addicting making tracks. I spent 4 hours the other day making a tribute track to Delfino Square from Mario Kart. Big Grin There's also a shareware version called Trackmania United Forever, which is the same but it adds more car customization and more maps to build tracks on.

Worms: Armageddon
Quote:Yeah, this is a pretty old game and you might have compatibility issues. But this is the best of the Worms series. It's a side-view arcade turn-based shooter thing. The dozens of weapons and destructible terrain, as well as the hilarious taunts from each Worm make this game a lot of fun.

MUGEN
Quote:This can't be played over LAN, but if you have some USB game controllers then you'll have a blast with this one if you enjoy arcade fighting games. MUGEN is a fighting engine that lets you download user created characters, stages, menu screens, etc. You can turn it into anything! However, it's not very user friendly and there's a lot of INI files you have to manually edit to add content to the game. I think it's worth it though. Imagine all the characters from Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Melty Blood, Capcom, Nintendo, etc. fighting against eachother in one game!

Battlefield 2
Quote:This is another old game, but it has the best multiplayer of any game yet. It's a modern warfare game with tons of vehicles like HUMV's, helicopters, tanks, fighter jets, etc. The graphics are outdated, but it's still fun. You might want to wait for Battlefield Bad Company 2 to come out in Marchthough, since it seems like a MAJORLY updated version of Battlefield 2. (and is also very fun! I'm in the closed PS3 beta, and Gamespot is giving away beta keys I believe if you have a PS3)

Other Co-op games I don't really know much about but look interesting:
Blazing Angels
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Terminator Salvation
thanks alot for your posts. i will check them out.
i have played terminator 3 and it is great. what do you a game like this?