Support Forums

Full Version: Is this motherboard good to get?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everybody,

I am planning to buy this motherboard ASUS P5G41-M LX INTEL G41 775 MOTHERBOARD, i find it cheap around $65 and supports Quad core cpu as well.

However, im still afraid of its price comparing to other motherboards (like $120, and $200). So can any one please tell me what are the limitiations of this type of motherboards ASUS P5G41-M LX INTEL G41 775 MOTHERBOARD?

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated..
Ok, so what are you doing? Replacing an old motherboard, or building an entire new computer?

It lacks a few ports in my opinion. There is only 1 PCI-E slot and 2 PCI slots, which I'm not entirely sure why there isn't just 2-3 PCI-E slots. There are also only two memory slots for DDR2. Another thing, there is no firewire port.

I'd also like to add that a quite of few people are having problems with the board either, A. being DOA (Dead on arrival) or B. Failing on them a few moments after they have received it.
whats the difference if it has 2-3 pci ports or more!! all i need to use my graphic card in PCI-E Slot, and im not sure about the other 2 PCI! In my current computer i have my 2 PCI slots free and never used them. Also, I already have a firewire card so no need for built in firewire port.

For the memory, actually i just need two slots with a maximum of 8gb.

But i dont know why you concerned about the number of PCI slots and the two memory slots! probably i dont have much info on what they exactly do today and in future use! If you can expand to me this point will be great.

(11-20-2009, 08:35 PM)ElephantShoe Wrote: [ -> ]I'd also like to add that a quite of few people are having problems with the board either, A. being DOA (Dead on arrival) or B. Failing on them a few moments after they have received it.

This is not goodHuh

Im replacing my motherboard but i think i need to change most of hardwares, because my board is really old.
(11-20-2009, 08:53 PM)4u111 Wrote: [ -> ]whats the difference if it has 2-3 pci ports or more!! all i need to use my graphic card in PCI-E Slot, and im not sure about the other 2 PCI! In my current computer i have my 2 PCI slots free and never used them. Also, I already have a firewire card so no need for built in firewire port.

For the memory, actually i just need two slots with a maximum of 8gb.

But i dont know why you concerned about the number of PCI slots and the two memory slots! probably i dont have much info on what they exactly do today and in future use! If you can expand to me this point will be great.

This is not goodHuh

Im replacing my motherboard but i think i need to change most of hardwares, because my board is really old.

Well, I'm not sure why that board has two PCI slots when it has a more modernized PCI-E slots. Why couldn't they just make it all PCI-E slots? I guess it's a good upgrade board from a REALLY old motherboard because at least you can use your old PCI cards (if any) on a brand new mobo.
Thanks for your information and your quick reply ElephantShoe.

Actually im not looking for a cheap motherboard, but i find that the expensive boards have extra built-in stuff which i dont need. So I think buying the board i mentioned with Quadcore cpu + 8 gb will serve me for couple of years.

And absolutley QUALITY means every thing to me when buying a new motherboard, however when i find a good quality board with cheap price i wont hesitate to buy it.

So i hope this is a good quality board? anyone can confirm this i will be much appreciated.

Thanks to all.
(11-20-2009, 08:22 PM)4u111 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everybody,

I am planning to buy this motherboard ASUS P5G41-M LX INTEL G41 775 MOTHERBOARD, i find it cheap around $65 and supports Quad core cpu as well.

However, im still afraid of its price comparing to other motherboards (like $120, and $200). So can any one please tell me what are the limitiations of this type of motherboards ASUS P5G41-M LX INTEL G41 775 MOTHERBOARD?

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated..

That motherboard that you plan on purchasing is very good. I would recommend that to anyone with a small budget. If you don't need all the "fancy" bits on the motherboard, than that is a good choice.

So i would go and buy it Tongue. ThumbsupThumbsup
(11-22-2009, 01:20 PM)Cohen Wrote: [ -> ]That motherboard that you plan on purchasing is very good. I would recommend that to anyone with a small budget. If you don't need all the "fancy" bits on the motherboard, than that is a good choice.

So i would go and buy it Tongue. ThumbsupThumbsup

Thank you. I really dont need any more than this board. It's just fine.

Thanks for your support.
(11-23-2009, 07:40 AM)4u111 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you. I really dont need any more than this board. It's just fine.

Thanks for your support.

Not a problem and good luck. Thumbsup
(11-23-2009, 03:25 PM)PaNiK Wrote: [ -> ]I had that exact same board, bought it for $70 and it was DoA. I couldn't get a refund, and I was pissed.

Depends where you buy it, and their policy.

Not many boards are DOA
Where are you buying it from?
Pages: 1 2