Support Forums

Full Version: How about a writing related forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seeing as writing is something that each and every one of us do here,
every time that we visit, then how about the possibilty of creating a forum
for the more literary inclined, where members could display their various skills
in writing Short Stories, Poetry, Technical Blogs or Software Reviews and suchlike?

There is the graphic equivalent, hence this suggestion for the literary.

It could possibly refer to more specific topics, as opposed to the more
random collection, such as may appear in the OSHIT forum.

Maybe it could also be possible to include the recently rejected suggestion
by Master of The Universe, regarding improvng post quality, by certain
members suggesting corrections for grammatical errors.

Although I don't think that it should be necessary for threads or posts,
to be pre-tested first, by posting them in a seperate section,
as it may generate a lot of duplicated threads/posts and also in many cases,
certain members will offer suggestions to others regarding grammatical errors.

I don't mind occasionally pointing out typos etc, and I welcome any grammatical corrections suggested to me as well.

Thank you for considering this suggestion.
This is a maybe too. I might add a category for Academics with subforums for Math, English and Writing. It's been suggested and maybe it's a good idea.
I think that'd be a good idea Omni, so long as people understood that plagiarism wouldn't be tolerated here.
Okay added an Academics area with a math subforums.
LOL That was what I tought about but I totally sucked at expressing my suggestion....
I'm glad to see the new section...
Well god damnit. I want a diesel mechanics sub forum too. lol
This would be awesome Smile I write scripts for both fun and my film crew and it'd be awesome to share some of my work with yall Big Grin
I'd like to see the poetry subforum implemented Smile
(11-19-2009, 01:07 PM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]This is a maybe too. I might add a category for Academics with subforums for Math, English and Writing. It's been suggested and maybe it's a good idea.

Thanks! Well there's a nice surprise, as I thought that this suggestion may also have been dismissed,
like the other 2 quite recently, but there again, they were probably a little too extreme to be realistic.

At the moment it's Academics, but is that strictly limited to shoolwork etc,
or is there some degree of flexibilty to be able to include the odd short story, poem or technical blog etc as well there?

If this does prove popular, then who knows, it may grow and the need may arise to include a couple of sub-forums for it.

Thanks again.
(11-20-2009, 06:16 AM)Codine Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to see the poetry subforum implemented Smile

Aye, that would be nice methinks.