Support Forums

Full Version: [Tutorial] Making an orb thingy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey.

In this tut, I'll show you how to make a neat little orb type thing in photoshop.

Final Result:
[Image: finalorb.png]

Step 1:
Create a new document, make it as big or as small as you want. Set your foreground colour to whatever you want, then select the Elliptical Marquee Tool.

Step 2:
Draw a circle on your canvas, hold down the Shift button while moving your mouse to make sure it is a perfect circle shape. Then fill in your circle with your selected colour.

Step 3:
For looks, I suggest adding a nice gradient effect to your orb. As the background colour, choose it slightly darker then your foreground and choose gradient overlay in the blending options.

Step 4:
Create a new layer (Ctrl + Shift + N), and draw a semi circle from the corner of your canvas like so;

Step 5:
Press Ctrl + Shift + I, and fill in the selected area with white.

Step 6:
Change the layer opacity to about %30.

Step 7:
Click back on your circle layer, use the Magic Wand Tool and click on the outside of the circle, this will select everything except for the circle and whatever is inside of it.

Step 8:
Go back to the Second layer, and press delete. This will get rid of excess white glow.

Step 9:
Create yet another new layer, and draw a very slim oval below the circle, fill it with either a dark or a light grey.

Step 10:
Bring the layer down below all the others; hence making the grey look like a shadoe from the above orb.

Step 11:
Add some text, and whatever effects you want to use for the orb, and you're done!

----
Original post by me at PyriteDesign.com
Nice TUT well laid out ect... but pretty easy to do though...