Support Forums

Full Version: MyBB Forums help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys I need help from u and Omni too .I need some help from u in MyBB . not something big just tell me some plugins/Mods to install for a safier forum . I just opened a new MyBB forum and this is the first MyBB experience for me.

I wish u all the best
There are MyBB security guides at Mybboard.net. I believe one is a sticky. It's really not plugins or modules that will make your site more secure as much as good habits.

Start my htaccess password on your admincp and renaming it. You can change the admincp directory in FTP and then adjust the inc/config.php to reflect the new name.

Also join the MyBB newsletter so you're notified about new updates and patches.
thank you guys . i will start to learn now
Also, make sure to use a complex password for your Admin account. The general recommended password is 2 upper case characters, 2 lower case characters, 2 numbers, and 2 special characters (!@#$,./etc.). That's just a minimum. And never something that makes a word or is in succession.
No one should have to say to use strong passwords.

btw...Mybb passwords are not case sensative.
You're right Omni, no one should have to say it, but, inevitably, there are people out there that use passwords like apple, orange, etc.

And, honestly, I never realized MyBB was not case sensitive for it's passwords. That is something they should look at.
MyBB passwords are not case sensative? well that sucks.
Aren't they...?? I don't have any capitals in mine and it doesn't work when I put caps in it.
can u ppl tell me how to make a banner under my username like this :

[Image: admin.png]

and where to upload it ?
Pages: 1 2