Support Forums

Full Version: Turn off User Account Control (UAC)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The most annoying feature of Vista, UAC interrupts with a pop-up dialogue box, consistently asking if it's OK to run things. It serves two purposes, both to protect the user in case a malicious program is run, and to get programmers to write more secure code. Which is all very nice, but it completely gets in the way of day-to-day work. Here's how to turn off the annoying nuisance forever.

Click the Windows button in the bottom left-hand corner.
Click Control Panel.
This step will change depending on whether you're using the Classic view for Control Panel or not.
If you're using Classic View, double click User Accounts
If you're using the default view, click on the green User Accounts and Family Safety link, then the green User Accounts link
There should be a link here, Turn User Account Control on or off. Click it
Click Continue in UAC for the last time
Uncheck User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer, then click OK
A notification will pop up — save any documents you have open, and choose Restart Now to reset your computer
Never deal with UAC again!
[Image: oneoone_c.jpg]
I hate UAC. I found out how to disable and I can start hacking in MapleStory Tongue

UAC is useless in my option
I already disabled UAC because its too anoying Smile
another way, click start button, in the search type "msconfig" and press "enter", go to tools tab and find and click "disable uac" and press "launch"
I don't like it, but I can see the reasoning behind it.
Very true that its annoying but If you ever encounter a java drive by it might be useful
yes 601 said something really true it can save your ass in alot of situations that can rape your comp
(12-13-2009, 07:53 PM)SkyLine Wrote: [ -> ]I hate UAC. I found out how to disable and I can start hacking in MapleStory Tongue

UAC is useless in my option

Your opinion is wrong. Well perhaps not wrong but not enough detail.
Now i run 7 and disable UAC as i did when i ran vista. But i did this because i felt secure with the other measures in place.
To say its useless is simply wrong. But its SUPER ANNOYING and largely useless to someone who knows how to look after there pc.
Sandboxing, scanning etc.
I hate disabling it, because, it always bugs me with them gay errors saying the security is off.
(12-06-2010, 12:36 AM).Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]I hate disabling it, because, it always bugs me with them gay errors saying the security is off.

You can edit how UAC notifies you... There's an option to show the taskbar icon or not Smile
Pages: 1 2