Support Forums

Full Version: It is quality not quantity that counts.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have started to notice that a few members of this new forum have been posting on every single possible thread as many times as they can. Now perhaps this is a way of showing enthusiasm toward the new forum, or more likely a desperate attempt to receive attention and respect from the community and staff. If you are thinking that that large number by your name will get Omni to chose you as mod, then you most likely thinking wrong. Give Omni some more credit. He is not just going to pick a member with a large post count he is going to read into those posts before he would even contemplate giving you power. Now I am here to remind you that although some can be impressed with large numbers most will be impress by a large post count where you had spent time thinking of a quality contribution to this community in each and every one of your posts.
It happens... every new forum has the newbies who are so happy to be on the forum that they can't wait to spam every thread with useless responses.
Hi.

I don't meant to rag on you, but was this post really necessary? People who post spam in every topic they can aren't going to be changed by a paragraph long thread, even if it is logical. I found your post to be logical, but unfortunately, those who NEED to read it probably won't.
It's a new site. It will take time to iron out the wrinkles. Quality does outmatch quantity but you need activity to attract members.
im a forum freak and i like to write! We come to forums to entertain and to learn!
when there aren't many members posting then sometimes you need a few members to post there opinions a few times ^__^
Nobody notices that "welcomes" is for post-farming?
Omni you could put it as "non-post counting"
Thanks for steeling my sig.
(10-06-2009, 06:50 AM)Glas Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody notices that "welcomes" is for post-farming?
Omni you could put it as "non-post counting"

So, we are supposed to expect newcommers to write an introductory post for their own pleasure? Perhaps it seems like some members are just trying to raise their post count, but others genuinely want to welcome new members. You can't know which one a person is doing, so don't make accusations.
Oh God why do you care...there's no spam going on in here, no not yet, and there won't be any for some long period of time. Well there are some possibilities that some HF/Omni haters find about this site and start messing around, but that's not my point.

As soon as I read your post, I went off to the Mod application thread to check if you applied. Cor blimey, what a surprise; you did! In fact, that was the first post you made on this forum. Sad enough, but you're just trying to blandish.
I'm trying to post as much as I can, but my posts are long, informative and well structured ( I hope ), so my fingers prevent me from posting like a maniac. Which is indeed a point of being among the first members of a growing community.

Damn, sometimes I surprise myself with my abjectness, but hey, this is the...Lounge? lol.
Pages: 1 2 3