Support Forums

Full Version: Constant ping spiking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When ever i play an online game my ping will jump from 16ms to 200 for 15 seconds then back to normal, Is there anything i can do?
That can be caused by a bad quality line. If it is that, then it is really only fixable with a new ISP.
And, sometime it's not your true ping. Games such as Counterstrike would show your ping wayy higher than it actually is.
(11-14-2009, 01:46 PM)Zenko Wrote: [ -> ]When ever i play an online game my ping will jump from 16ms to 200 for 15 seconds then back to normal, Is there anything i can do?

Reasons for getting high ping value.
1.High ping is when there is high traffic in your system.
2.This can be either caused by loading such large files that the system cannot handle them, or by running several programs at the same time.
3.High ping is not just due to the bad internet connection. video lag, sound lag, virus, spyware, worms, or so on, could cause the high ping. not enough Ram could cause the problem too.
If you get any high ping ,try to lower your ping rate by using some of the following instructions.
1.Don't open any videos,stream and check if there any problem in your router.
2.Make sure there's no browser .exe's still running in task manager
3.Try to contact your internet service provider and get suitable data plan.
4.Use any software like Game Booster
5.Move closer to server
I am sure,if you follow the rules,you will get chance to reduce your ping rate.Finally you can check your new ping using http://www.whoisxy.com/ping.aspx