Support Forums

Full Version: Excellent graphics processing application.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know if any of you are familiar with this tool, but this is a well above average and very nice,
multi-functional, multi-layer photo processing application.

It is called PhotoScape v3.4 and can be found at the link below:

www.photoscape.org

There are some examples of some of the capabilities of this application at the link above.

When you run the application, it opens up a full-screen window, with a white background.
On the background, you can choose to display the selection icons in either a rectangular block or a circle,
ranged around the company logo. There are also a selection of tabs at the top of the page.

These are the features that it has:

AniGIF - Make an animation from multiple images.
Batch Editor - Resize multiple files in a sequence. Handy for making slide shows.
Color Picker - Copy color codes to the clipboard.
Combine - Make one photo by merging multiple photos vertically or horizontally.
Editor - Above average editing tool with a fair selection of options to choose from.
Page - Make one photo by merging multiple photos into one frame
- [110 layout templates].
Paper Print - Print lined paper, graph paper, music paper etc.
Print - Print photos.
RAW Converter - Convert RAW to JPG.
Rename - Batch rename.
Screen Capture - Screen capture and save it.
Splitter - Split a photo into multiple parts.
Viewer - A simple viewer.

Using the Editor and Batch Editor, there are around 160 frames/borders that can be added to the original photos,
and also a very wide range of objects, around (755) that can be added to the photos as well, such as
Lighting effects
, Cartoon, Illustrations, Hearts, Numbers and Real Pictures etc, plus the possibility to import image files as well.

The objects that can be added, are split into 2 groups, the first including the examples shown above, from a menu of 15 choices,
the second being text objects that you can add. Both of these groups, allow you to add up to 4 different layers that can be added to the original photo,
making a total of 8 layers in total, plus the additional frame(s) - [About 160] that can be added.

There are also the usual type of features that you may expect from an application such as this, including various enhancement filters, such as:

Backlight
Blur
Color Correct
Sharpen

and many others, adding up to around 185 different choices in all, covering just about everything that you should need.

I have been using many different graphics applications for many years now,
and I wish that I could have discovered an application something like this, a long time ago,
because it really is very useful indeed and is easy to use and also pretty fast as well.

I hope that some of you may find it as useful as I do.
Oh, nice. I've heard of it before but never used it.
Do you download it or something??
(11-14-2009, 06:09 AM)Korchidoom Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, nice. I've heard of it before but never used it.

It is very cool! I got it from a DVD that came with a PC magazine the other day and it's just great for automating repetetive tasks, such as resizing
many photos at the same time, in a batch.

Plus the other stuff it can do is pretty darned fine as well.
(11-14-2009, 03:39 PM)SF Phantom Wrote: [ -> ]Do you download it or something??

Hehe, I guess if you want any software that you don't get from a CD or a DVD, then the only way is to download it....;)

It's worth it though, because it is very fine!

The version that I got from the DVD, is 15.4 MB, which is the same
as they have showing on their download page:

http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/download.php

There are 3 download sites to choose from, including CNET.

I hope that you enjoy it, as it can be very useful.