Support Forums

Full Version: Trying to connect to internet on laptop. Unsuccessful thus far.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright so, i've been trying to connect to the internet sucessfully on my laptop but it doesnt want to. Its an Envy HP laptop with windows 8. Internet provider is Comcast, i called them and they already came and said everything was fine with the modem and internet wasent being stolen or anything.

So the laptop connects to the internet but it doesnt acess internet or games very well. Barely does so and most of the time brings me to a unable to load page screen. It used to be able to connect fine, no idea what might be causing this issue. There is another laptop in the house which connects successfully to the internet. And when i activate my phones hotspot this laptop connects to it nice and fine and everything works.

Which means theres an issue with my laptop connecting to this network specifically and i honestly dont know what to do anymore : / i cant have my hotspot on all the time. Any and all help is highly appreciated! Thank you
Have you made sure that you aren't limited by the wireless router control panel?
Also I suggest flushing your ip and acquiring a new one if you have already by doing the followimg;

Open CID
Type ipconfig /release
... Once completed
Type ipconfig /renew
(07-28-2014, 02:47 PM)Autopost Wrote: [ -> ]Have you made sure that you aren't limited by the wireless router control panel?
Also I suggest flushing your ip and acquiring a new one if you have already by doing the followimg;

Open CID
Type ipconfig /release
... Once completed
Type ipconfig /renew

Thanks, it seems to be working better now. What did that do exactly to help out?
(07-28-2014, 03:02 PM)Necromorphs_12 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-28-2014, 02:47 PM)Autopost Wrote: [ -> ]Have you made sure that you aren't limited by the wireless router control panel?

Open CID
Type ipconfig /release
... Once completed
Type ipconfig /renew

Thanks, it seems to be working better now. What did that do exactly to help out?

Sometimes your computer can hold onto an old ip address whilst having a new one, pretty much confusing it on which one it should use, this just clears all held ip addresses and gets a new one.

That's the simple way to explain it.
Also change your dns servers in the adapter properties to give your internet a small "boost".
The problem sadly still persists it seems. Worked great for a few hours after the dns flush. But now is back to normal, not working very well and lagging hard in games. The other laptop in the house when I go to speed test.net gets 24 mps download speed and when I do it from mine gets around 10. Hating this issue. Thanks for any help btw. Much appreciated
Try going too 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 and checking the settings, make sure there's no restrictions in place.