Support Forums

Full Version: My girlfriends parents are crazy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have been in a relationship with my girlfriend for a good year and her parents are so hostile to me it's insane.

At the moment we are in a long distance relationship, however in a few months we will be together again.

When we facetime, her parents, tell her to "go wash the dishes" or something similar. And when she doesn't do it, they come and stay in the same room as us to hear us talking.

Her mom, constantly disrespects our relationship and antagonizes me and her about having sex... She acts as if we must be married to do it; whilst she isn't...

She also constantly, tries to make anyone's life difficult in this relationship as we are going on vacation in the summer and now she is saying "Girl's are getting kidnapped it is not safe for you" They talk about it like we are going to Taiwan when we are simply going to Italy with my rents.

To add on top of that, whenever I visit they make me sleep in a cold basement, not even with her in bed. Oh and her father told me that PDA is off limits and that we are not allowed to even hold hands or kiss in front of him.

She is completely out of her mind and has no sight for any type of reason. It is really frustrating me and I would appreciate some input.

Thanks,
Sobrix

FYI, I am 18 and she is 18 as well.
In their eyes it's there little girl who they're just trying to protect. I agree with you, they sound a little over protective but you have to understand that it's perfectly normal for parents to act crazy, ironic right? My advice would be to sit down with them face to face and tell them what you've told us, minus the crazy part. I wouldn't want to sleep in a cold basement either BUT they are allowing you to stay with them and that's huge! I wouldn't want my 18 year old daughter sleeping with another man in my house (no I don't have kids but I could imagine) The best you can do is talk to them face to face without the daughter present to convince them that you love their daughter and that you're not out to hurt anyone.