Support Forums

Full Version: Not really sure what to do...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't want to make this long as hell, but I've been depressed for quiet a while now. I honestly thought college will be different but it really isn't. I have zero interest in school and the useless subjects. First semester i was doing pretty good, but this semester I just have no desire to go to my classes. I skip classes more often, i turn in late assignments, my grades aren't very good. I honestly have absolutely NO interest in school. You know the feeling in your stomach when you really don't like being somewhere? Thats exactly the feeling i have... I just hate it so much. It came to the point where i only get up and go to my classes just for the social life as in meeting people, hoping to meet a cute girl, making eye contact with people, walking around, etc. I'm really not happy and i talked to my mother about it and she said i can do whatever i want... its my life. She doesn't know about my grades or that I skip classes and what not. I'm most likely going to stop going after this semester and focus on something different. I have another road that is ready to be driven on if you catch my drift. I respect my father a lot and he works hard to support for the family. He's a truck driver and i know for a fact he hates being on the road. Even though money is not the problem and my family makes more than enough to support me through college, I'm just not happy. I'm worried about his health, and i know that me not going to college would lift some weight off his shoulders. I go to a community college and only been going for 2 semesters so it's not that expensive. My current plan is to make the money that i paid for the classes and give that to my parents a long with some more money that i owe them.

I don't drink, smoke, or party. I just extremely dislike learning useless crap that i don't need. I'm not into the typical stereotypical college life bull crap.

I do have a plan as i said before. Maybe I'll come back to college later, but right now it's really not the time for me.
Seems like you have a plan already. Do what you said, find a part/full-time job and earn the money back that your parents paid for your college tuition. I'm sure they'll understand. School is pretty much useless, I've learned more out of school than I learned in school.

Don't be depressed over school man, you'll be fine without a college degree. Society says you need a degree to be successful, but that isn't true majority of the time. There's plenty of things you can do without having a degree, things that you can make a career out of.
to be honest, this plan is not going to work. Jobs without college degree don't pay much, and most importantly, there is no hope in the future. I am older than you and I went through the same. I didn't work hard on schools and now I am paying the price.
Maybe you should just take a year off and then go to college. Get your life on track and see what you can do from there.