Support Forums

Full Version: emotionally drained
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am a successful college student, top of my class in mathematics, but I am unhappy with my life. I am married, commuting to the university(one hour drive) and I live literally right next to my in-laws. These people are quite different from myself and my spouse in that they are not communicative, but demanding. They are closed off but manipulative. I can't have a open conversation about boundaries and respect of privacy because they brush me off and laugh. My spouse pretends this is normal and I don't want to drive him from his family. I have one semester left. I hope to find work and move immediately after graduation. I'm struggling with depression, anxiety, and immense frustration. This is my first post on these forums, and I'm not sure that I'm looking for anything other than recognition that I'm not crazy for feeling so alone and drained.
Many people feel like you. You need to tell your family how you feel. That's your best bet imho.
You're not crazy, a lot of people go through these feelings. Stay strong and talk to your friends and family, they will understand what you're going through.

PM me if you want to talk further.
thats a really awesome moment in your life congrats mate
Thank you, guys. My support group - family and friends - is very small, due in part to the amount of time I spend working, studying, and driving. I'm also a private person, meaning I don't say these things on Facebook or anywhere my identity would cause confrontation with my in-laws. I really appreciate your encouragement.
(07-19-2013, 10:37 AM)darkside86 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you, guys. My support group - family and friends - is very small, due in part to the amount of time I spend working, studying, and driving. I'm also a private person, meaning I don't say these things on Facebook or anywhere my identity would cause confrontation with my in-laws. I really appreciate your encouragement.

Congrats on being top in your class. That's something you should feel very proud of. You need to have a serious talk with your spouse, im willing to bet he has no idea how your life style is effecting you right now. If that's the case you can't expect things to get better, you need to use communication to resolve these issues!