Support Forums

Full Version: Cold turkey support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, Just looking for a bit of support (and expecting a lot of abuse tbh). Me and my partner are young parents of 3. We've had a lot of crap since we moved to our address in 09 and in nov 11 our boiler broke and the water being splirted out caused the ceiling to fall down, damaged the work tops, destroyed all our furniture, clothing, most photos etc etc, the landlord finally fixed the boiler in may last year, but hasn't done any other repairs, which has led to 2 cats dying, one from plaster falling on its head, another from electrocution. It's led to me failing my first year of my degree, my partner almost failing his second. I have BPD with depression and anxiety, i can not leave my home most days, on really good days i can with my partner and i will always have panic attacks etc. I ended up suicidal, which i told my psych, who contacted my health visitor, who then realised we were stuck in these living conditions. She then called social services because of the unsafe home conditions. The blame has been placed on us, They've made promise after promise to help us move as local council wont house us due to debt and we couldn't afford rent in advance + bond (upwards of £1110) as until wining a DLA benefit tribunal recently we have been living off £140 to feed our family of 5 (we both used to work until i got too ill to continue and subsiquently needed caring for by my partner). Basically we've had a lot of stress. Last august, rather than see him out on the streets, we gave a friend our sofa, he lived with us for months and intorduced us to heroin. Our use had been growing nigh on every week, to the point we now owe a dealer over £500 (i know it's odd to say but he has got to be one of the nicest blokes i've ever met! even lent us £20 the day after we gave up to buy some weed!) on top of what we were buying. Anyway. This all came to a head last thursday, something happened that made us realise we had to stop (apart from the £500 debt...). We had one last hit (3 wraps, we smoked it in joints so it never went as far as it could, neither of us would shoot and running just pisses me off lol) and we've been going cold turkey since. I had my peak day yesterday, My partner today. Any ex-addicts out there able to give a bit of moral support? My partner doesn't seem to fussed about it but i can't help thinking about the feeling, wonder if it's being a nutter thats doing it to me.