Support Forums

Full Version: Photoshop stuffing around D:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I opened PhotoShop about 10 seconds ago and noticed somethig was weird.

I couldn't create colour on my images! When I made a new project I had to click "Colour > RGB" instead of Greyscale. This was annoying but overcomable. Now I have noticed this:

I can't save any images as .PNG, as well as the other 300 extensions that have disappeared!

Can anyone help me fix this? I have a hard time making stuff in this program, let alone configuring it!
If I open an old .psd file I can save as a .png
I have tried re-installing.
I have de-activated and re-activated the product... nothing!

grrr...
can you not just save as untitled.png? I mean, type in untitled.png instead of game expressions.psd ???
It saves as a .png but the file is corrupt ("cannot create preview).

going to uninstall and completely remove the thing using Adobes program now.
Uninstalling, cleaning with Adobes tool, ccleaner and deleting the entire adobe program folder (after un instalation) seems
to have fixed it for now.
It seems you have changed from RGB 8bit to RGB 32bit.

Beside the option for RGB when creating a file, there should be a dropdown for 8bit, 16bit and 32bit. 8bit is what you want and changing to 8bit will allow you to save as PNG.

If you need to change it for a file, go to the Image Menu, then the Mode submenu, and select 8 Bits/channel.
Ahh, thank you. Any ideas how this happened? I can guarantee that I didn't change any settings.
Its happend to me before, what happend was I had an image in my clipboard that was 32bit so when I used the creation screen, everything was set up for it, and just never went back.
Ahh, well thats annoying...

Thanks for your help.