Support Forums

Full Version: Really need some advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So at the beginning of 2011, I got into a relationship with a girl who was pregnant (the biological father out of the picture) and we are still together to this day, so naturally I was there for the birth of this child that was not mine and and it was day in which I fell utterly and completely in love with this little girl.

Flash forward to present day, my relationship with my girlfriend is pretty rocky right now and we're on the verge of splitting up. I love the child with all my heart and I told my girlfriend that even if we did break up, I would still be a father to the baby who I have been raising for the last 17 months and I would never give that up.

However, there is one problem. The biological father does not even know about the baby because the man who she originally thought was the father actually is not the father (DNA testing) and yes that means my girlfriend was a bit promiscuous, but so was I in my younger days so I cannot judge.

Anyway, like I said -- I love that baby with every thing I've got and the mere thought of not even being able to see her is pretty heart wrenching for me. I've seen a friend killed in combat and even that did not evoke this sort of emotion from me. A part of me tells me that the right thing to do is to convince my girlfriend to try and contact the baby's real father because he deserves a right to know he has a child, and not only that he deserves a chance to be a good father. And yet, a more primal side of me tells me that I am the best father that baby can have and I don't want to change that.

I don't really have any friends or family to talk to about this which is why I wound up here. Even if my girlfriend and I do break up, I'm fine with that. Been through plenty of relationships and break ups are nothing new to me. I just don't want to lose my daughter.
Forgive me for saying this but tt's too bad that in today's society that relationships have become something so easy to throw away.

Good luck.
Any parent wouldn't want to give up their child. He does deserve to know that he has a child though. Tough situation :/
If you're the one who raised it, don't contact the baby's biological father unless you are in need of money for child support with her.

You raised the kid, so keep it man.