Support Forums

Full Version: Need help, advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been dating this girl for about 6 months. She lives an hour away. We are both previously divorced with kids. We were going out several times a week, and our kids played together. No one has said "love", but things have gotten pretty emotionally heavy. Then in early November completely out of no where she told she needed space... so I have given her space. A little over a week ago before she left to go out of town for Thanksgiving, I did send her a private Facebook message saying that I've enjoyed our time together and didn't want it to end, and that I hoped she would have a good Thanksgiving and a safe trip. She text me saying she got my message, but didn't know what to feel or "what to do next". So I gave her some more space over the holiday (been a little over a week) and haven't talked to her. However, last night I ordered her 30 candy cane (red & white) Tulips to be delivered tomorrow. Of course she doesn't know that. Then this morning I get a text from her out of no where saying she wants me to drive to her house (an hour away) on Thursday so we can spend some time together and talk (her kids will be there). Should I expect to be dumped on Thursday? Why have me drive an hour? Why at her house, and in front of kids? Control of the situation? I would think a public place would be just as easy. Why not dump me some other way like a phone call, or email or text, and like a band aid "one pull, and right off"? I really do like her a lot and don't want this to end. I hope for the best, but expect the worst. Any advice or thoughts?

thanks for any insight in advance.