Support Forums

Full Version: Help to retrieve important Photos/Videos wiped from HTC EVO 4G LTE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok here goes nothing. My man got a Galaxy S3 this week because his EVO was overheating and such. I told him to be sure to transfer all the data to his memory card to which he replied that everything was on his memory card. WELL, after he got home with the new phone I asked him to show my mom, who is visiting this week, some videos of my 3 year old doing hilariousness. Well, he couldn't because none of his pics or videos from since he got his EVO 4G LTE were on his memory card apparently because he never switched it from phone memory to card storage. I could deal with losing some photos here and there because I am a photographer and my children are basically photographed more then any other child on this planet. BUT this fool has lost ALL photos of the birth of my 2nd child, my time spent in the hospital that included the only photos of me pregnant with my 2nd child, and all the photos/videos that he has taken of our family in the last 8 months. He took his EVO into the sprint store to switch out the phones and he demanded that the guy wipe his phone right there in front of him. (maybe you guys can relate to this fear of data theft or whatever, but the sprint guy even told me that this was an extreme measure usually not taken in case someone accidentally forgets to transfer their info.) So yes, he did a factory reset on the device. And I have exhausted most options in trying to recover this info. I have heard all the rhetoric about me losing all this media for good, I am leaving no stone unturned in my attempts to recover this data. HTC implied there might be a way but was unable to elaborate, so I have turned to your site to try and find a tech guru that can assist me in finding a way to scan this drive with recovery software to restore/recover my priceless memories. I personally have used data rescue 3 and have recovered tons of photos that i accidentally deleted on a few separate occasions, and their tech support has implied that if I find a driver of some sort to install to create a way for the internal memory on the phone itself to be mounted as a scannable drive, that I could scan it with software and recover the data. Apparently this will work on a PC and not on a MAC, I have both. I am not an idiot when it comes to computers nor am I a hacker. I heard that there may be a way, where there is a will there is a way, and I would appreciate any input that could be relevant in assisting me. Can anyone here help me in any way?
Try this. I'm all about Android, so XDA is my hangout. This is the mecca for everything Android, if this tool does not work, and anyone knows how to get these files, it would be someone on here.

Here is the link to XDA to the thread where you can find the link download the tool http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=1514286 . Since they did a complete wipe of data/factory reset, I don't know that this will work, but I've never used it. I actually HAVE the tool myself but I've never used it. Try it, if it doesn't work, ask in the appropriate forum over at XDA (Evo 4G General) and also in several of the other General Android sections.